Thursday 14 February 2013

Starting to ride again in 2013

This was me earlier today,  I really must get back out on the bike soon


Seems like I have had quite a long lay off from the rides lately, had a few other pressing matters to deal with which I am hoping are all sorted now :) Plus I am running out of excuses from the bumper book of errrrr excuses.

I have posted some rides up on the road ride for Saturday and the MTB rides for Sunday so we'll see if we can get some enthusiasm going again, let's see what shakes out.

I have also had some contact with the guys at Sketchy MTB, a local club that have offered the opportunity to ride with them if we would like so if we can't get regular numbers out for our MTB rides it may be worth looking at that.

May also be time to dust off those plans for the Eurostar day trip ride that we talked about last year, still a bit early in the year weather wise but if we get some dates then we can focus on things.

Anyone else have any ideas?




5 comments:

  1. I need to get some more riding done. being made redundant so thats looking very likely in the not too distant future.

    Depending on if i find work, i have even considered some gentle touring, although considering and doing are a distant cousins.

    I want to do MM this year, and have several months to get some miles in, so MTB miles every Sunday is the plan. I want to get some train there and ride back rides in, or some 40/60 mile rides in. We've done that before and need to do this again.

    vive le petit champignon. salut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Geoff, time to fill up the carradice and head for the hills?

    I like the idea of train out and ride back, I plan to do some of this kind of thing with my walking this year. There is something quite cool about riding home from a distance. Any specific route in mind?

    Bonne chance avec le travail. À plus tard mon petit champignon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could pick up the pilgrimsway at gillingham, or a bit further on.
    http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/northdowns/gps.asp?PageId=85
    its a bit tricky to see how we can get further without a really complicated train journey for all.
    or go South? Hythe, Folkestone, Delaware, Rye, Maryland, Hastings.
    Obviously, MTB, Roadbikes appropriate routes to enable us to get back :)
    How about we do one 2/3 March? Gillingham on train, pilgrims way back.!!

    Romanes eunt domus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, let us put that one in the diary, I will post a blog post about it as a new separate post and see what we can organise

    Romanorum domus non amo hic Britain

    ReplyDelete
  5. As another thought what about the London to Whitstable / Canterbury we did a few years back with a few variations?

    ReplyDelete